- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c basil leaves, rinsed
- 2 tsp ground sumac or 1/4 sumac berries
- 1/2 c blueberries (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon
- 1 c water
Combine sugar, basil, sumac, and berries in a small saucepan. Muddle until basil is fragrant but not mushed to hell. Add water and citric acid or lemon juice. Heat over medium heat, stirring well to combine. Boil until sugar has dissolved. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into jars and cool.
Reserve until the witching hour.
Combine, in a Collins glass or sippy cup:
- 1 oz syrup
- 4 oz dry white wine, chilled
- 4 oz seltzer, chilled
- Blueberries left over from toddler’s snack (1 oz)
Do not share. Cheers.